Saturday, May 19, 2007

One dumpster full, another to go

We have managed to fill one dumpster with another to arrive on Monday. This might sound promising, as far as the decluttering goes, but it's actually not since I haven't made it out of my office. We have so many other rooms to go through. In our basement, which I now call the "Land of Waste," I discovered a large box filled to the brim with white plates from Ikea. Filled to the brim with these plates. I couldn't even recall why or how I purchased so many, and for what reason. But there you have it. I've decided to use each plate as a the dish which my baked goods will arrive. The more I bake, the more plates will disappear from below our house.

We did our usual Saturday morning bagel nosh at the "Korea's Noah's Bagels." This week, it was standing room only inside. Again, it was much easier to count the non-Koreans, numbering three and a half today than it was to try and count the Koreans. It seems to be a particular favorite among those Koreans probably doing door to door preaching. I think they're Jehovah's Witnesses, if you ask me. Or maybe they're Mormons, doing their missionary work.

I wonder if life in New York will be full of such busyness. I can, and usually do, spend the better half of a Saturday doing my marketing. I'm hoping and praying that there will be great delivery services for groceries. It is New York where anything and everything can be delivered.

All I can say to that is Hallelujah!

No comments: